Monday, August 28, 2006

MX-5 in the Slalom

At the invitation of the Peter I attended in the Sunday afternoon the slalom activity on the island side. I did not want to mention the name of the annual event because I didn't think it was well organized. The organizers there had done their best but every year it was just the same. I went there at 4pm and did my two rounds around 5pm. As expected I was given two opportunities and in both trials I had it wrong through the course and through the cones. No one was to blame because I knew I was a slow learner.
However after seeing all the more powerful and heavier cars before me smoking their tires and understeered I was happy to report that my little MX-5 did great. All the tight corners could be tackled with quick flips of steering wheel left or right, without the use of handbrake. The MX-5 has a clean and sharp weight transfer and handling, even with a passenger on board. The Toyos are worth a big mention. I just loved it. I went to wrong route twice so my time was not recorded.
However I was asked to leave after my trial. And I did with Tiki.
And I heard Peter won the competition with his Evo in his class. Congratualation!
Pity I did not see it.
Next time I need to get a ride first through the course before my trial.

No comments: