Monday, July 31, 2006

Body Color and Rate of Depreciation

I read an interesting article in Car Magazine, Aug 2006 issue. You may clip the title above and access it on my pbase. I hope Car Magazine doesn't mind because it has so much good stuff worth buying every month for the past 18 years (at least for myself).

One of my favorite articles this month, which proves at least statistically my preference for body colors of cars. At least this time I can find some statistical support for my own taste for the Mercedes Benzs that I have owned. Still today I find silver and black are the best for most 4-door Mercedes. And Black or Metallic Dark Gray are also excellent. White or light colors do not show the complex curves and shape of the modern European cars. Silver and black tend not to make the Euro cars larger than they are. Silver has one advantage under the sun or summer temperature where it keeps the interior temperature more stable and relatively cool - perfect for nearly tropical weather of Hong Kong seven months a year. For Japanese cars silver is generally a big no no. White is my preference and that's the body color of my Honda DC2 Type R. There is an exception to it, and that's the Mazda MX-5 (or Miata), MK 1, 2 and 3.

No comments: