Saturday, May 06, 2006

DC2 is back home!


Today I visited my DC2 at the KYB (one of the high end car tuners in HK) in the afternoon. All the suspension parts are replaced, with a few maintenance items to keep the car fresh. However I decided not to take the car home until after dinner.
Around 8pm I paid the bill and took the car out for a spin with Tiki (my wife). The handling problem was gone but the steering and chassis feel were less direct. It was okay as I like stability over over-sensitive dynamics. Then I asked Simon (owner of KYB) to do a demo of what the car could handle. The grip was great and the car was much more stable. But then we found out we had tons of old parts in the rear trunk. After they were removed and I drove the car home. Boy, the car was a lot lighter (at least by 25kg+) and somewhat more nimble and it could be felt. The short journey from KYB to home was simply a delight. Immense and responsive power, light-weight, nimble handling summarized the experience.

The ride of C36 continued to improve a bit today, I now played some music to a kind of sublime to bump-thump road noise. Believe it or not, it worked for me.

No comments: