Friday, May 05, 2006

C36 with the SLK Alloys


Easter Weekend. Took two friends with cars to a Jinway (a HK tire shop) for tire and wheel service. My friend's Aristo GS300 JZ161 got a new set of 18" 5-Zigen wheels and a set of Michelin PS2 tires (235/40R18 and 265/35R18), replacing his two-year old 225/45R17 AD07 on an unknown set of alloy that came with the car when he bought two years ago.

Jinway showed me a fresh set of used SLK350 alloy (zero marks though) for my C36. 7.5Jx17 front and 8.5Jx17 rear. Not AMG style but look absolutely stunning in my opinion on the C36. They look great when I see the reflection of my silver C36 with the new wheel from the car parked next to me. They were also lighter in weight compared to the AMG Monobloc that came with the C36. I lifted them back and forth between old and new ones to confirm that there was a weight difference. The turn-in was lighter and more keen. The new SLK alloys made the slightly dated C36 looked younger, and actually made it more like a "C360'.

Yesterday I also changed my windshied wiper, too, for the forthcoming rainy season.

No comments: