Saturday, December 31, 2011

Evo IX and the Problems


Suddenly I found the feeling on the Evo IX less satisfying. After the morning drive I found the engine losing the sparkling performance and a lot of friction in the drivetrain. I suspect it is caused by the poor engine oil. It is just downright draggy. I changed the oil to a silky Miller 0W40 and it seems to be much better but I could feel the difference. It is just not like that before.
I also find the ride on AD08 rough and intolerably draggy. I will try to inflat to see if it helps but I also order a set of RE11. And I feel extremely guilty about just placing order, thinking I should not be spending more and still getting the same result. But over a late night shower I feel I ought to spend the money and give the Evo IX my best shot to make it tolerable or livable. If it is still not good then I will sell it after a few months.
After driving the Evo X (2008) I think I am more in love with the X. the Evo X simply makes the Evo IX feeling ancient. There is a lack of drivetrain friction. And the car is fast but heavier. It is a totally different Evo from previous Evo. The Evo IX is similar in experience to the Evo IV that I once owned.

No comments: