Sunday, June 15, 2008

AMG C36 Update - Jun 2008

I did a follow-up trip to Pak Lok on the Island side to have the fuel-air ratio check on a Black Rain Saturday. Initial check by hooking up the Diagnosis Handheld showed a poor connection to the air-mass flow sensor. However it did read the data correctly. Anyway I had a new Bosch one, plus a new fuel filter, put in. I also had a squeaky engine belt replaced, which has been bothering us since early this year.

It was a quick job done in less than 2 hours on a Saturday (June 7th) afternoon. The C36 was back on the road again. Initially, throttle response was reduced but the bags of low-down torque had returned. I could feel the engine was remapping itself and slowly adapting to the new components. For what it was it felt slightly different to drive. Tiki felt the engine's eagerness to rev was gone, replaced by a more sluggish low-down pulling power, which was not impressive in her opinion. All I care here and now is the fuel consumption. And it did work magic to my fuel consumption, at least by 20%. Now I can do over 450km in the summer with air conditioner on with a full tank. Just like the old days.

No comments: