Sunday, July 16, 2006

Struggle In Compromise

A few of friends have this problem. And all of them had cars and enjoyed motoring in Hong Kong for a long time. I had the same problem, too, until roughly this time last year.

And for the same reason why I ended up with three cars today. The long-term problem was resolved somewhat a large. As a matter of fact I learned the solution from my other friends having a joy in their car ownership. The key is - Purity of Purpose. I was going to use it as my title of this blog that you are reading. However since I wrote down the "Struggle in Compromise" first, for the reason of spontaneity I would leave it at that.

In my own fleet I have three cars - two daily cars and one race car. Therefore you can almost conclude as I do, that some element is amiss. There is a lack of sports car. Sports car, by definition (at least by British motorists or car enthausiasts) has three elements - open top motoring, rear wheel drive and manual tranmission. Secondary traits include fun to drive, numble and good handling. It does not necessary have high engine output, but only enough to sing with the chassis and make the car handles in the twisties.

To be continued....

No comments: